Spring takes a very serious approach towards privacy and as a result we expect our website visitors to be aware of this policy, which explains how we collect, treat, and protect personal and/or non-personal information.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may collect, store, and use personal information, which is provided by you voluntarily.
“Personal Information” is the information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, gender, date of birth, nationality, relationship status, address, telephone number (including home and mobile phone numbers), email address, educational details, employment details et al.
We may use Personal Information that you choose to submit to administer our website, for business purposes such as analyzing and managing our business, to deal with inquiries made by you relating to our website and to contact you if necessary. The specific purposes of the collection and processing of personal information and the legal bases for such processing will be provided to you with a notice when you provide us with your personal information (e.g., applications for careers at sea or ashore).
Your Personal Information might be viewed by our employees for the purposes set out in this policy and may also be disclosed as and when necessary or appropriate (a) under applicable law and/or (b) in compliance with legal procedures.
Protection of Personal Data
1. Measures to protect personal information
To ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal information we collect and process, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing access controls and authentication mechanisms to prevent unauthorized access, modification or deletion of personal information;
- Encrypting personal information in transit and at rest to protect against interception and unauthorized disclosure;
- Backup and store personal information in secure and reliable environments to prevent loss or corruption;
- Periodically test and evaluate the effectiveness of our security measures and update them as necessary;
- Conduct staff training and awareness programs to promote good data handling practices and prevent data breaches;
- Have a clear incident response plan and communication protocol in place to detect, report and investigate data breaches.
2. Breach notification
Our website has a link to our Careers section, which contains information on job openings. Any Personal Information and CVs submitted through that section, will be handled in accordance with the terms and with the “Notice on the Processing of Personal data” contained therein.
1. Cookies and similar technologies
We use both session cookies (which will expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which will remain on your device for a set period of time). Some of these cookies are essential to the functioning of the website, while others are used for analytical or marketing purposes.
You can disable cookies or change your cookie preferences at any time by modifying your browser settings. However, please note that disabling cookies may affect the functionality and performance of our website.
2. Links to third party websites
3. Children’s privacy
Our website is not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are under 16, please do not provide any personal information to us.
As a data subject, you have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- Right of access: You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and to obtain a copy of that information.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request the correction or updating of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you.
- Right to erasure: In certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or when you withdraw your consent, you have the right to request that we erase the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you dispute the accuracy of the information or where the processing is unlawful.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the processing is based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to freely transfer that information to another controller.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Greek Data Protection Authority (Tel of Data Protection Authority: +3021 0647 5600, for further contact details, pls. refer to the link: www. dpa.gr).
This website is owned and operated by Spring Marine Management S.A of Majuro Marshall Islands, which has lawfully established an office in Greece,4-6 Agias Kiriakis Ave. Paleo Faliro 17673, Athens.